Sunday, June 10, 2007

St. William/St. Teresa Corpus Christi Procession

I attended the Corpus Christi procession from St. Teresa to St. William this afternoon with Calvin and Audrey...beautiful, well-attended service. If I counted correctly, the procession included 4 priests (Revs. Bolte, Umberg, Reutter, & Rehling); 4 deacons (Davenport, new deacon Rose, Bruce, & Faeth); plus other clergy in attendance (I saw Frs. Ed Gearhart & Ted Ross).

It was lengthy...but most of the time was the hour it took to walk down Overlook & St. Lawrence Aves. with 2 stops for Benediction at temporary altars. And we walked with many other beautiful families on a wonderful summer afternoon. There couldn't be 2 more breathtaking neighboring churches to begin and end a procession, either. If you've never walked the Corpus Christi procession, I couldn't recommend this annual tradition with any more enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Rich Leonardi said...

Sounds heavenly, Greg. You have a lovely site. Once I figure out how to create a blogroll, I'll add you to mine.